Waiter Job at Lionsembi
Waiters/ Waitresses Job, Hotel Jobs In Kenya 2020,
Position: Waiters/ Waitresses
Lionsembi Communication Limited is a marketing and communication agency dedicated to building brands for Africa. We are looking to hire Waiters/Waitresses for one of our clients.
- Operates as the principal salesperson in the restaurant and ensures that guests are accorded high level of customer care.
- Ensures that the tables are well arranged and wiped before set-up is done.
- Ensures that the cutlery and crockery used by the guests are clean and properly polished.
- Sorts and polishes all menus before presenting them to the guests.
- Ensures that the glasses used for serving guests are clean and well-polished.
- Promptly and courteously takes orders for food and beverage from guests, posts the same in the POS and serve accordingly.
- Accurately records, pre-checks and picks-up all food and beverage.
- Have a thorough understanding and knowledge of all food and beverage items on the menu and be able to recommend Food and Beverage combinations and up sell alternatives.
- Informs and explains all the day’s specials and makes suggestions on food & beverage items to the guests.
- Up-sell or promote all specials as well as promoting slow moving items.
- Draws a table plan for orders taken on each table.
- Ensures that the guest orders are served correctly (as per the guests’ specifications).
- Makes follow up on all orders posted.
- Keeps the guests informed of new developments in case of any delays.
- In addition to the above, the Waiter may be given such other duties, as the Management may deem necessary.
- Previous work experience as a waiter/waitress in a busy hotel
- Some college qualifications in hospitality –essential
- Trainees/ fresh graduates can also apply
- Flexible to work in alternate shifts
- Good communication skills
- Very presentable with excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of various cuisines and drinks