Intern – Finance & Budget Job, Latest NGO Jobs In Kenya,
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background; the intern’s assigned office as well as the internship period. Under the overall supervision of the Chief of the respective units in BFMS and the direct supervision of the Team Leaders, the BFMS Intern may be required to assist/support in the:
Trust Fund Unit:
- Record inter-office voucher expenditures incurred by UNDP on behalf of UNON, UNEP, and UN-Habitat, Adjustments in Umoja, analysis and reconciliation of ledgers, application of donor receipts, Data Analysis, risk management and quality assurance, General office administrative tasks, and other tasks that may be assigned.
Payments and Treasury Unit:
- Reconciliation of vendor payments accounts, Cheque preparation, distribution and documentation, banking and payment investigations, following up with clients to resolve banking and payment inquiries, Data Analysis, risk management and quality assurance, General office administrative tasks, and any other tasks that may be assigned.
Financial Reporting Unit:
- Accounts receivable accounts, bank statement reconciliations, preparation of financial statements, Data Analysis, risk management and quality assurance, General office administrative tasks, and any other tasks that may be assigned.
- It may be necessary to recruit additional interns for assistance with Reporting Unit, Budget Section, or Office of the Chief, focusing on data analysis, report writing, and project management and providing direct administrative support to the Director.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately. Asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication. Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience. Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Client orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Applicants must at the time of application, meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with Bachelor’s degree, Masters, PhD or equivalent
- Be computer literate in standard software applications (Microsoft Office).
- Have demonstrated a keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter;
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes a willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Preferred areas of study:
- Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related field.
- No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
- Experience in Data Analysis is desirable.
- First level degree in finance or commerce is desirable.
- Qualification/part-qualification in a recognized professional accountancy qualification is desirable.
How to Apply