Temporary Administrative Specialist
July 2022 | Nairobi, Kenya preferred; travel to Alight locations approximately 5% of time |
| Full time | 6 months |
Responsible to: Engagement Guide
The Temporary Administraive Specialist will report to the Engagement Guide and serve Alight by being a reliable and consistent support for the Chief Operating Officer and wider Programs team. This position will play a critical role in assisting with key internal functions as well as provide logistics and administrative support to propel the strategic and brand engagement initiatives of the team forward.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
Administrative Support to COO & Global Programs Team – 50%
- Work closely with Global Programs & Strategy Guide to ensure daily needs for COO are met and supported.
- Provide in-person support for COO, assisting in meeting arrangements and event logistics, vendor communications, and other coordination tasks that require proximity.
- Complete administrative tasks, such as financial reconciliation and travel support, for Alight’s COO.
- Reconcile credit card statements with applicable Programs Team members and Country Directors.
- Provide travel support and assistance for Programs Team and Country Directors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Logistics & Administrative Support for Strategic Initiatives – 45%
- Support the monitoring and tracking of strategic indicators.
- Coordinate the production and distribution of brand and strategy materials to Alight country programs.
- Support brand-in-action initiatives through coordination, execution, and deep engagement with Alight teams around the world.
- Serve as experience and logistics support for strategic events including the borderless trip.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Engage in unleashing projects – 5%
Alight provides space for staff to work on projects outside of their typical responsibilities that support us in living up to our promise of unleashing ourselves and others.
These are “must-haves” when you join Alight:
Open heart and open mind. You start by listening. You believe another person’s truth and it changes you. It unlocks your way of thinking in that moment, it opens your world.
Curiosity. You are always learning. You ask why and why again. You know that change (big and small) is constant, which means your curiosity to learn is matched with adaptability to evolve.
Trust. You believe that people do their best, are disciplined, and care about this as much as you do. You take responsibility for your part and know how to step back and give others the space to shine.
We’re also looking for the following competencies:
- Experience in customer service, complex internal administrative support, or office management role (at least three years)
- A passion for supporting others in an administrative capacity, recognizing that your work makes it possible for others to do their work
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines; pride in your accuracy and attention to detail; yet know how not to get lost in the details
Key Behaviors & Abilities
- Detail-oriented, organized.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team skills
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong Communication skills – both oral and written.
- Ability to work with other cultures.
- Patience and empathy in understanding and working with diverse set of staff across all locations and roles.
- The flexibility and independence to work in a changing and unstructured environment. Ability to work interdependently within a team.
Borderless Team of 2,500 staff worldwide that sees possibility, celebrates moments of abundance, shares new ideas, and strives to do a better thing every day.
Family Friendly – We know that you are a whole person with a life and a family. We honor this. In return, we expect that you will take ownership of your work and follow-through on your commitments; sometimes that means flexing your schedule and we’re good with that.
Learning & Development – Access thousands of free online learning courses to take at your own pace and tailor to your professional goals.
Health, dental, and MedEvac Insurance – We strive to offer the best-in-class healthcare plans to our staff each year. We cover 100% of the cost for your health premium and 75% of the cost for coverage for your spouse/dependents.
Retirement – We contribute 6% of your salary regardless of your contribution amount, after one year of service.
Generous Leave Time – Between vacation days, personal leave days, and holidays, you have ample opportunity to take time off when you need it.
We are on a journey to build Alight, a new platform of amazing people and organizations providing lifesaving services and creating breakthrough solutions for and with the displaced. WeAreAlight.org
Alight is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Alight complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.