Senior Accountant Job, Accounting Kenyan Jobs 2023,
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance
Closing Date: June 14th, 2023
Cytonn Investments is an alternative investment manager, with a captive real estate development capability. Cytonn has a unique strategy of coupling two compelling demand areas – the lack of high yielding investment products and the lack of institutional grade real estate. We distribute high yielding instruments to attract funding from investors, and we deploy that funding to investment grade, well planned and comprehensive real estate developments that are largely pre-sold.
To manage its rapid growth, the company is looking for a dynamic and hardworking individual with strong leadership and entrepreneurial skills to join the team in the Finance Department. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work in a fast paced learning environment.
- Documenting the accounting process to capture the SPVs business model.
- Maintain accurate and up to date intercompany balance schedules between the entities in the group.
- Daily, weekly and monthly general ledger vouching to ensure accuracy and completeness of accounting records.
- Ensure subsidiary books are reconciled at all times (trade receivables, trade payables and inventory).
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly and ad hoc financial reports and analysis to support business decision making.
- Prepare schedules for all accounts in the general ledger for entities under management.
- Ensure book keeping is accurate and postings are done in the system based on approved source documents and as per accounting policy.
- Responsible for monthly and annual financial reporting and provide analysis for the management accounts for board reporting.
- Responsible for tax and other regulatory compliance as per requirements. These includes PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, NITA, VAT and WHT.
- Continuously identify areas of policy and operational improvement in the firm, to enhance business performance.
- Lead, train and assist members within a team environment.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- CPA (K) and/or ACCA and Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or related degree.
- KCSE B+ and above.
- Three (3) years working experience in a Finance environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good analytical skills and deadlines conscious with minimum supervision.
- Ability to easily adapt to dynamic, complex and rapidly changing finance and business environment.
- Ability to learn, train and work in a team environment.
How to Apply