REF: TNH/HRD/SC/07/2020(PERMANENT/CONTRACT TERMS)
Reporting to the Chief Security Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring overall security of The Nairobi Hospital, and Outpatient centres, clients, and staff.
- Proactively monitor all surveillance cameras and CCTV remote viewer programs. Monitor and respond to all security/life safety system alarms/ Access Control, and parking management.
- Ensuring the Chief Security Officer is fully briefed on any pertinent matters.
- Formulating operating procedures for security and safety activities in liaison with the Chief Security Officer.
- Prepares reports documenting all significant events and investigations, crimes committed, lost or found property, security lapses and safety hazards.
- Liaising with the government law enforces on security matters affecting the Hospital
- Conducting security surveys with the aim of improving on the Hospital’s integrated security solutions.
- Conducting routine security patrols, monitoring and evaluating performance levels for outsourced services.
- Protecting people, property, information, and TNH reputation.
- Proactively respond to security emergencies within the hospital
- Overseeing security services offered to clients, hospital deliveries, key management and escort cashiers as required from time to time.
- Overseeing the performance of the contracted third party security services operations.
- Planning and coordinate security operations for specific events of the Hospital.
- Representing and defending TNH interest in all forums including civil or criminal litigation matters.
- Control and monitor the two-way communication systems.
- Handle complaints and unusual/critical event information to the appropriate personnel immediately.
- Accurately maintain control of all equipment and keys in the Control Room. Accurately logs all equipment and complete ‘task work orders’ for all reported maintenance needs.
- Detect, analyze and alert relevant personnel regarding any adverse conditions to the corporation and its employees.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the Chief Security Officer from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- University Diploma/Degree in Criminology, Security Management, Information Science or any other relevant field.
- At least two years working experience in a similar position with reputable security firms or public institution.
- Knowledge on handling internal investigations.
- Technical know-how in electronic security management systems and use of CCTV operations, VHF Radios and security phonetic alphabets
- Experience in security patrols, fire management and emergency responses
- Good written and verbal skills in both English and Kiswahili
- Good interpersonal relations, leadership, planning and organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately.
- Ability to remain calm and professional under stress.
How to ApplyIf your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number and to reach the undersigned on: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday, 24th July,2020. Your CV/Resume MUST include full names and contact details of 3 referees. Note
- ONLY ONLINE applications will be accepted and ONLY SHORTLISTED candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA PIN Certificate
- Current Colored Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Academic and Professional Certificates
- Certificates of Service from previous employers