Finance & Administration Kenyan Jobs 2021
Finance & Administration Kenyan Jobs 2021
Finance & Administration Officer Job, Finance Jobs 2021,
The Rift Valley Institute (RVI) is an independent, not for profit, knowledge based organization working in countries in Eastern and Central Africa. The Institute is recruiting for an early career finance professional to join its finance team to help support the growing operations of the organization. The candidate should be based in the Kenya and will work from RVI’s Nairobi office.
The ideal candidate will have some prior experience working in a similar role .You will be happy working as a member of a small team in a dynamic and diverse organization with a global reach.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting/Finance) degree
- Master of a professional accounting/administration course will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the accounting/finance and administration field
- Advanced written and oral communication skills in English
- Track record of rapid skills acquisition and adaptability
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Accounting Software and Excel would be an added advantage.
The RVI Finance and Administration Officer will support the finance team in processing financial records, ensuring compliance to financial policies and procedures across the organization, as well as supporting the financial administration of the Nairobi office and RVI programmes and activities.
Financial Accounting and Control
- Key in transactions into the accounting system (QuickBooks Online) as required. Ensure that the relevant support documents for all payments are submitted by the Programmes team and properly filed by finance either on Dropbox or in physical files as may be required. These include payment vouchers, supplier invoices, consultant contracts and all pre-contracting documentation.
- Work with the rest of the finance team to ensure timely and accurate preparation of financial reports such as management accounts and donor financial reports.
- Perform monthly supplier reconciliations.
- Maintain a fixed asset register and ensure it is accurate and up to date.
- Coordinate procurement, including sourcing and purchasing items as requested using the RVI procurement guidelines.
- Undertake monthly bank reconciliations.
- Manage petty cash, including accurate recording of all expenses paid by petty cash.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of monthly expenditure reports from all RVI offices, staff and consultants.
- Maintain and prepare the monthly accounts of expenditure for the Nairobi office.
Office Administration and Logistics
- Maintain an up-to-date supplier/vendor list.
- Maintain inventories of office supplies and manage orders and requests.
- File corporate documentation in physical and digital form, ensuring all physical documentation is filed in RVI’s Nairobi office.
- Keep track of expiry dates of all RVI insurance policies and escalate accordingly necessary action to be taken.
- Ensure all finance and administration deadlines are recorded in the institutional calendar and reminders are sent to all involved.
- Assist in ensuring that RVI meets its financial statutory obligations in Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Somaliland.
- Provide logistical support for travel and accommodation arrangements for the Executive Director, Nairobi office and visiting RVI staff and consultants (e.g. taxi/airport transfer booking arrangements, flight bookings, hotel accommodation and pricing, etc.).
- Ensure all office equipment runs properly and is well maintained. This includes monitoring the working condition of assets, such as computers, and performing periodic asset verification exercises. Report any defects to management for relevant action to be taken.
- Coordinate with the programme team to ensure that the finance team receives approved staff and consultants travel plans before date of travel. Ensure the travel calendar is up to date.
- Ensure that all RVI staff submit their leave and TOIL forms and ensure the leave register is up to date.
- Ensure office environment is orderly and clean.
- Manage incoming phone calls.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Reporting and management lines
The Finance and Administration Officer will report to the RVI Finance Manager in Nairobi. S/he will undertake the responsibilities described above with additional oversight support from other RVI staff.
Modification to duties
These are the normal duties that the RVI requires at the date of appointment. However, it may be necessary for changes to be made to this job description in accordance with the needs of the job and the organization. Existing duties may be changed and new duties may be added. Any changes will be made only after consultation with you.