Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is an international non-governmental organisation that supports humanitarian aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services, including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety-related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO provides daily support to more than 1000 NGOs operating in 16 of the world’s most insecure countries.
INSO is registered in the Netherlands with its headquarters based in The Hague, the international city of peace and justice.
INSO Horn of Africa (HOA)
HOA was launched in 2019 as a regional entity and is based in Hargeisa, Somaliland, coordinating and supporting INSO’s activities in Kenya, Somalia, and Somaliland.
We are now hiring a Reporting and Grants Officer, Horn of Africa. This position is based in Nairobi.
Reporting to the Country Director, the Reporting Officer is responsible for facilitating the coordination of high-quality and timely inputs for donor reports, assisting with grant management and communications tasks including the collection of success stories, and acting as a focal point for the consolidation of indicators and means of verification at the country level.
This position will work closely with colleagues at headquarters, including the Grants Manager, MEAL Manager, and Communications Manager. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and writing skills in English, the ability to prioritize competing tasks, initiative, and attention to detail.
The Reporting and Grants Officer position is an interesting, multi-disciplinary role, offering a unique opportunity to work in a close-knit team that is supporting safety and access in the NGO community.
- Track external reporting dates according to the contractual obligations of INSO and ensure timely communication of internal and external reporting deadlines with the Country Director.
- Support Country Director in consolidation and editing of the donor reports, proposals, and modification requests
- Regularly collect, write, and consolidate success stories through interaction with the field programme staff for both internal and external audiences, working closely with the Communications Manager for collecting external communication material
- Act as brand ambassador for the country office, guiding colleagues on donor and INSO visibility as well as brand application
- Facilitate content collection activities such as photoshoots and interviews, including administrative assistance and in-country coordination
- Maintain an output tracker and store means of verification, and supporting field programme team with archiving and data cleaning
- Work with the country management team for grant opening, review, and close-out meetings, archiving the minutes of meetings and circulating action points
- Support the country director for archiving contract-related documents and internal materials
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, International Relations, or a relevant social sciences discipline.
- Excellent writing, reading, and speaking skills in English
- Significant Proposal Development Experience
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- 2-3 years of work experience, preferably with an NGO
- Systematic, proactive, innovative, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- Familiarity with the US and European donors including BHA, ECHO, SDC, SIDA, FCDO etc.
- Previous experience in grants, MEAL, or communication departments
- Understanding of the work and nature of NGOs
Key Personal Competencies
- A proactive and outgoing with good communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, take initiative and work with limited supervision
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Time management skills
INSO’s Safeguarding Policy
INSO is fully committed to safe recruitment, selection and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees and volunteers and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process.
How to apply
Please submit completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference REPORTING AND GRANTS OFFICER, HORN OF AFRICA in the subject line by 7 July 2023; Applications should be in English and include:
- A one-page cover letter detailing why you are interested in working for INSO and how your qualifications align specifically with the requirements for the role (2 pages max).
- Updated CV (3 pages max).
Please do not send any additional information. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.