Executive Chef Job, Current Hotel Jobs In Kenya,
As Executive Chef, You will establish and execute the strategic operations of the culinary section for the Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club.
In this role, you will work closely with the Director of Operations to ensure that each of the culinary visions for the property is achieved. You will provide sound leadership and training that will enable the culinary team of professionals to produce quality products and memorable experiences while ensuring sustainability is achieved.
Duties and Responsibilities
Culinary Daily Operations
- Oversee culinary operations in all restaurant’s Kitchens, including Pastry, Main Kitchen, and Banquets, outside catering as well as Stewarding operations.
- Focus on constantly improving the training manuals and SOPs. enforce operational standards that are reviewed periodically for improvement
- Participate actively in quality initiatives such as the daily Chef Briefings and monthly team meetings to improve culinary operations, meet targets, and keep communication flowing.
- Assist in inventory taking and ensure sections have all they need for sound operations
- Ensure to keep updated on the hotel’s occupancy, events, forecasts, and achievements and communicate the same to the teams.
- Prepare menus by the various seasons and events, and closely liaise with the Food and Beverage Manager for seamless executions.
- Work on new concepts to expand the offer and the quality of the guest food experience
- Work together with the Pastry Chef on the modernization of the pastry offerings – the latest trends
Financials, Budget, and Costing
- Ensure that recipes and costings are established and updated Work on the budget together with the FB manager when requested
- Control and monitor optimum food costs to yield the maximum amount of outlet profit and maximum guest satisfaction.
- Maintain food costs by ensuring that proper preparation, inventory, requisition, food pars, and control systems are in place in all food operations areas.
- Achieve departmental budget goals by maintaining efficient cost expenditure.
- Accurately forecast business demands every week to ensure efficient staffing & food production.
- Responsible for the sections CAPEX and OPEX
Hygiene and Safety
- Maintain all HACCP aspects within the hotel operation, and work closely with the hygiene manager to ensure all areas are as per standard
- Ensure all tools and equipment are up to working standards for the hotel
- Enforce sanitation by checking to pass the audit score target
- Be aware of the dangers of contaminated food and ensure ingredients in the refrigerators are checked and replaced appropriately.
- Responsible for maintaining the overall welfare and engagement of the culinary team by providing them with the training and resources to take care of our guests
- Lead the Culinary Performance Reviews, ensuring appraisals and feedback sessions are held in a professional and timely manner.
- Establish training schedules, and provide teaching moments for the team
- Work closely with culinary leaders and supervisors to coach and counsel the team to ensure performance and discipline management remains objective, consistent, fair, and progressive.
- Minimum 5 years experience as an Executive Chef in a 5-star luxury/premium property.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- A creative approach to the production of high-quality food.
- Excellent leadership & training skills.
- A business-focused approach to managing a hotel kitchen.
- Ability to build relationships, internal and external, with the hotel and the Company.
- Builds guest loyalty and develops a professional relationship with regular guests and patrons.
- Continually improve product and obtain feedback from guests and patrons.
- Handles customer comments and complaints and takes swift corrective action after consultation with the department head concerned.
- Performs any other reasonable duties as required by the DOO from time to time.
- Follows sustainable procedures and practices that support ‘Planet 21’ initiatives (Accor’s Corporate Social Responsibility program)
How To Apply