Gold Star Kenya (GSK) was established in 2010 as a local Non-Governmental Organization; GS Kenya was born out of the success of the Gold Star Network, a social franchise program initiative established in 2006 to promote comprehensive quality HIV care amongst a network of private health providers in Kenya. GSK implements health related projects in Kenya and is seeking to fill various positions under Triggerise, an Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) project which focus on interventions that contribute to reduced incidences of teenage pregnancies and HIV infections by increasing access to modern contraceptives and HIV testing among adolescents aged 15-19yrs of age
Position Title: Project Officer
Contract: 1 Year Fixed Contract Renewable subject to availability of funds and performance
PROJECT OFFICER – PRIVATE HEALTH SECTOR PROGRAM
The Project Officer will provide strategic direction in, mentorship, coaching and regular updates in HIV/AIDS/RH/FP to health care workers in supported private sector sites. S/he will be responsible for working closely with the donor and health management teams and service providers to ensure that the quality of care is sustained across the program as defined by the MOH quality standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide strategic direction in care and treatment programs in liaison with the Head of Programs.
- Provide mentorship, coaching, and updates to program clinical mentors and service providers at the comprehensive care clinics and integrated centers to offer quality care and treatment services for patients according to the national guidelines and standards.
- Mentor and coach service providers on best practices, current guidelines, and standards in providing comprehensive HIV care and treatment services
- Provide overall technical guidance and leadership for implementing activities within the RH/FP technical area, including joint support supervision on RH/FP services to the GSN health facilities and donor teams.
- Contribute to collaboration with the Division of Family Health & NASCOP to develop and review policies, tools, and strategies to improve access to HIV/AIDS/RH/FP interventions in the private sector.
- Review and analyze data for performance monitoring of the HIV/AIDS/RH/FP private sector program and utilize the data to take corrective actions through monthly and quarterly data review meetings at facility levels.
- In collaboration with other team members, preparation of quarterly and annual reports as expected by the funding agency.
- Contribute to the writing of abstracts for conferences and manuscripts for publication of private sector program work.
- Provide technical guidance in QA/QI in HIV/AIDS/RH/FP service delivery. This includes identification, tracking, and evaluation of sub-optimally performing indicators.
- Contribute to the identification of vital links, funding & initiatives of other partners in improving organizational private-sector programs.
- Represent the project in private local technical committees including TWGs and stakeholders’ meetings concerning HIV/AIDS/RH/FP private sector programming.
- Any other duties as may be allocated by the supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITIES, EXPERTISE AND COMPETENCE:
- Diploma in relevant field with 5 years relevant experience in successful field implementation of HIV/AIDS/RH/FP programs in Kenya. A bachelor’s degree is an added advantage.
- Must be a Registered Clinical Officer/ Nurse with a valid practice license.
- Experience in establishing and sustaining working relationships with the Government of
- Kenya Ministries of Health at Sub-County, and facility level
- Significant experience in establishing and sustaining working relationships with private sector health agencies especially franchises.
- Significant and up to date knowledge of the current ART, PMTCT, TB/HIV, Adolescent Health and FP guidelines, standards, tools and best practices.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in successful field implementation of RH/FP/Adolescent Health programs in Kenya. (Experience in Long-acting contraceptives reversible and permanent, added advantage).
- Experience in HIV/AIDS care and treatment program implementation with demonstrated expertise in initiating care and treatment services in private health facilities.
- Demonstrated experience in organizing and facilitating training and mentorship in HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment areas, and QI initiatives.
- Strong writing skills, including writing reports.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines, and intense pressure to perform; ability to manage several major multidimensional activities simultaneously.
- Ability to travel extensively to supported sites.
- Ability to recognize limitations and seek appropriate intervention.
- Proficiency in computer basic skills- MS Office; Internet; Basic data analysis skills
- Self-managed, self-driven, results-oriented
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, report writing, and analytical skills
- Dedicated team player with ability and experience to work in a multidisciplinary team
How to apply
Gold Star Kenya has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply via email to: email@example.com. Please quote the Job Title provided on the subject line while sending your application & CV in one folder (pdf format) including salary requirements and availability to be received by 20th December 2023.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.