Principal Officer, Credit Control Job -Jamii Sacco
Credit Control Job, Crredit Control Jobs In Kenya 2020,
Jamii Sacco is a Deposit Taking Sacco (DTS) registered under the Cooperative Societies Act Cap 490 (Amended 2004) of the laws of Kenya and licensed by SASRA.
The objectives for which the Society was established are to organize and promote the quality of life of the members by providing quality financial products and services.
The following position is vacant and the Sacco would like to fill the position:
Position: Principal Officer – Credit Control Grade J-C5
Department: Credit Control
Job Type: Contract – Three (3) Years
REF. JSS/HR- PCC –C5/2020 JOB PURPOSE
Reporting to the Deputy CEO/Head of Finance, the job holder is responsible for coordinating the debts of existing creditors and ultimately managing all money borrowed or owed to the business by handling the collection of due and overdue accounts, raising invoices and issuing credit notes.
- To plan, implement, co-ordinate and review the Credit Management
- To provide leadership to the Credit Control team and liaise with other Departments to ensure prompt
- Oversee the entire collection process including continuously reviewing Credit Control policy in line with changing trends and needs
- Provide inputs to the appropriate Board Committee to ensure measures are taken to rectify any identified gaps in the lending and collection
- To critically review all non-performing accounts and develop appropriate strategies to ensure recovery of the amounts due in an efficient and cost effective
- Design and implement processes of monitoring and rehabilitating delinquent accounts, in order to ensure that PAR is below regulator’s recommended
- Maximizing recoveries from write off
- To ensure a uniform debt collection strategy in line with the Society’s policies to avoid reputation risk or legal
- Undertake periodic review of securities held against all non-performing accounts in order to ensure they are perfected and that no dilution happens during the debt recovery
- Plan and coordinate the debt recovery process with various service providers (Lawyers, Valuers and Auctioneers) in order to avoid undue delay and escalation recovery
- Ensure the relevant evidence in support of any Legislation matters are properly documented, shared with the key stakeholders in good time and ensuring these witnesses are well prepared with factual and relevant
- Providing periodic reports to Management and respective Board Committee on the recovery status of each non-performing facility, with clear recommendations on the way
- Liaising with the Head of Finance to ensure appropriate adjustments are made to the provisions for bad & doubtful debts as per the required guidelines in order to comply with IFRS-9
- To manage the Credit team so that it can achieve the Sacco’s set targets in line with business
- To follow up all cases of default including addressing letters to the loanees and guarantors.
- To draft and issue appropriate notices to members who may require loan clearances.
- To ensure that all notices are issued to defaulters before engaging debt recovery action through service providers ( Auctioneers & Debt Collectors)
- To negotiate and restructure facilities where such action increases chances of recovery of the debts
- To follow up all employers to ensure timely remittances
IMPACT OF RESULTS
Leads to effective recoveries of any outstanding loans/remittances owed to the SACCO from either corporate, groups or individuals (members).
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Banking, Credit Management or any other related field from a recognized
- Professional qualifications in Credit Management (Certified Credit Professional)
- CPA-K or Diploma in cooperative management is an added advantage
- Minimum of 6 years’ relevant experience in Credit Administration or Loan Management gained from working at management level in a Financial Institution/SACCO
- Strong analytical and communication skills, negotiation skills and interpersonal skills, focused, self-driven and attentive to details
- Ability to multitask and meet required deadlines is essentials
- Ability to resolve conflicts arising in the work environment is necessary
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Planning & Organizing
- Entrepreneurial Awareness
- Decisiveness and adaptability
- Police clearance certificate (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Tax compliance certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- Clearance certificate from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- Clearance certificate from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)