Principal Cateress Job, Latest Hotel Jobs In Kenya 2023,
The duties and responsibilities at this level will include:
- Policy development and implementation for the section
- Developing and coordinating the implementation of catering procedures and guidelines;
- Involved in budget making and controls for the section.
- Carrying out regular checks to determine the functionality of the catering equipment
- Providing specifications for the procurement of catering equipment and materials;
- Keeping records of the catering equipment, materials and supplies;
- Manage the catering section and ensure efficiency
- Carrying out coaching and mentoring catering staff interns and trainees; and preparing periodical reports.
- Responsible for development and implementation of a strategic plan and performance targets for the section.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- At least eight (8) years relevant work experience three (3) of which should have been in supervisory role;
- 2-3 years Diploma in any of the following disciplines; Institutional Management; Catering and Accommodation Management; Hospitality Management; Technology in Hotel and Restaurant management or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- 2 years Higher National Diploma in any of the following disciplines; Institutional Management; Catering and Accommodation Management;
- Hospitality Management; Technology in Hotel and Restaurant management OR Bachelor degree in any of the discipline Technology in Hotel and Restaurant Management; Hospitality Management; Foods and Nutrition; Technology in Nutrition and Dietetics; OR
- Bachelor degree in any of the following disciplines; Institutional Management; Catering and Accommodation Management; Hospitality Management; Technology in Hotel and Restaurant Management; Foods and Nutrition; Technology in Nutrition and Dietetics; \
- Registration/certification with a relevant professional body;
- Supervisory Course not lasting less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer application;
- Demonstrated professional competence and ability as reflected in work performance and results; and
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Planning and supervisory skills
- Analytical skills
- Communication and reporting skills
- Leadership skills
- Mentorship skills
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills
How to Apply
Terms of Employment:
- Employment is for one (1) year contract as per KEMRI Human Resource Policy and Procedures Manual with a probation period for the first three (3) months.
The following will be required during the interviews:- Certificate of good conduct, HigherEducation Loans Board compliance certificate, KRA Tax compliance certificate, Credit Reference Bureau clearance certificate, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission clearance.
Kindly attach your cv, cover letter, copies of certified academic and professional certificates, testimonials and other relevant documents.
All the applications to be done through KEMRI Website www.kemri.go.ke/erecruitment – E-Recruitment Portal on or before 16th July, 2023 latest 5.00 p.m
KEMRI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. Persons with disability, women, youth and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. KEMRI does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process including application, interview and processing of offerletter. If asked for a fee, report such requests immediately.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.