Pharmaceutical Technologist Job, Latest NGO Jobs In Kenya,
The Pharmaceutical Technologist will ensure accurate dispensing, patient counselling and proper handling of pharmaceutical supplies for all orders and provide effective pharmaceutical services to meet client needs.
Strategy and Implementation
- Develop project activity strategy with timely and regularly reviewed implementation work plans.
- Support the facility’s growth strategy by staying up to date in their profession through attendance to educational workshops and maintaining annual CME requirements as per the requirements of the professional’s board.
- Ensure the reference documents at the pharmacy are up to date.
- Receive written prescription or refill requests and verifying that information is complete and accurate, ensuring proper dispensing in the facility.
- Pre-packing of medicines for dispensing.
- Enhancing rational drug use within the facility.
- Timely and accurate dispensing to patients’ drugs.
- Advise clinicians on drug interactions and advising on alternatives where applicable.
- Provide pharmacological information by responding to questions and requests from the health professional counselling patients on drug therapies.
- Coordinating, ordering of pharmaceutical purchase.
- Ensure rationale procurement of medicines and supplies.
- Ensuring cost effective selection of commodities for purchase.
- Order, label and count stock of medication and chemical supplies.
Drug Store Management
- Maintain proper storage, security conditions and records of pharmaceutical stocks.
- Ensuring timely requisition and inventory management.
- Tallying medicines received from supplies against invoices and checked for correctness of quantity, price, batch numbers and expiry date.
- Maintain cleanliness of shelves and medicines
- Maintain purchase records and invoice
- Ensure cold chain is observed as per medicines specifications.
- Receive and store incoming supplies verify quantities against invoices and inform supervisors of stock needs.
- Forecasting drug needs for the medical centre and Monitoring stock and informing supervisors of stock needs.
- Establish and maintain patient’s profiles, including list of medication taken by individual patients.
- Documenting reports done.
- Streamlining data entered in computer for ensuring accurate data quality.
Reporting and Documentation
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual reports relating to movement of medicines and relevant supplies from the pharmacy.
Education and Professional Qualifications
- Minimum of Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology from a recognized institution
- Duly registered with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board
- Must have a valid current practicing license
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience
- Experience in handling multiple tasks and working independently and in multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Team player
- Excellent communication and planning skills
- Problem solving skills
- Listening skills
- Integrity and honesty
- Ethical work practices
Deadline: 29th of june
How to Apply