Current Driver Jobs In Kenya,
This position plays a critical role in the day-to-day activities of the vehicles for the office. Provide support to the transport department and ensure that the designated vehicle is properly driven and maintained to effectively support the implementation of program activities. Provide backup support to the Administration Department. Ensures that the vehicles are clean, well-maintained, and operated safely and efficiently. Performs maintenance-related work, including checking fluid levels, tire pressure, and the like. Oversees general vehicle maintenance and major repair work performed by contractors.
Key Job Outcomes:
- Driver Assignments and Schedules. Relays route assignments and other instructions as assigned.
- Vehicle Operations Maintenance: drives and cares for the use of the equipment to ensure driver compliance in areas such as cleanliness, proper street crossings, and bus stop locations. Trains employees as necessary.
- Vehicle Operations: Drives assigned Pathfinder vehicles to authorized areas while adhering to Pathfinder and local regulations.
- Vehicle Safety and Security: Ensures that the designated vehicle is fully operational, licensed, and insured as required by law. Ensures that designated vehicle is well maintained and serviced appropriately. Ensures that all passengers are securely belted up before embarking on any trip. Reports any accident or defect of the vehicle to the supervisor of record. Conducts daily pre-inspection tests on the assigned vehicle, including oil level, water levels, tire pressure, brake fluid level, and the like.
- Vehicle Mileage Records: Accurately records mileage in the log book. Submits monthly mileage summary to Finance.
- Courier Services: Delivers mail using the assigned vehicle.
- Inventory Coordination: Loads and unloads vehicles with supplies. Sets and arranges supplies in store.
- Budget Planning Input: Provide input and assistance to the supervisor for the preparation of the department budget.
- Project Management and Participation: Leads, manages, or participates in cross-functional project teams.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Motor Safety Regulations: Proven ability to drive vehicles safely and securely according to country and local-specific regulations
- Vehicle Maintenance: Proven ability to check vehicles to ensure they are operational, roadworthy, and safe.
- Record Keeping: Advanced knowledge of completing required logs for mileage traveled in assigned vehicles.
- Inventory Management: Foundational knowledge of transporting and stocking inventory.
- Budget Preparation: Foundational knowledge of the budget preparation process.
- Supervision: Proven ability to supervise others, schedule work, and evaluate work.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Software Applications: Foundational knowledge of MS Word and Outlook.
- Languages: Advanced writing and speaking skills using local language and English language
- Communication: Foundational oral and written communication skills using different forms of media.
- Project Planning and Management: Foundational skills in project planning, coordination, monitoring, and management.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices, and services, including program strategies and indicators.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, and child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices
- Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Ability to influence and apply diplomacy skills. Advanced customer service skills.
- Organization, Planning, and Multi-tasking: Foundational organizational and planning skills, project planning, and management skills. Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, ability to meet commitments promptly,
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization
Required Education, Training, and Experience;
- Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
- 3 years of relevant work experience
- Experience supervising the work of others
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Certificate in Mechanical Engineering
- Prefer: Experience with NGO work
How To Apply
Deadline for Submitting Applications: December 18th, 2023