Senior Accountant Job, Latest Accounting Jobs In Kenya 2022
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Accounting Operations Lead, Senior Accountant will oversee financial accounting responsibilities including generating accurate trial balance for the assigned countries, ensuring compliance with One Acre Fund Finance procedures over the control environment, managing a team of bookkeepers and/or Junior accountants, generating accurate financial statements for the assigned countries, oversee the processes that ensure that OAF financial results are accurate, valid and complete.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Own periodical financials including income statement and balance sheet for the assigned countries,
- Manage a team of Bookkeepers and/or Junior Accountants including conducting weekly team meetings, check-ins, completing performance reviews, and supporting ongoing team professional development.
- Coordinate with other Global Finance Teams including accounts payable, compliance and other countries accounting teams to ensure efficient support to different departments/teams
- Oversee country financial transactions recording process and suggest ways to improve the efficiency and accuracy of data,
- Manage weekly and monthly close books process of the assigned countries,
- Work with country projects leads to recommend efficient ways for periodical financial data reporting,
- Perform other accounting responsibilities and support junior staff as required or assigned.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is a must
- Professional Accounting Qualification (ACCA or CPA)
- 4+ years’ experience in finance or accounting operations management
- Language: English (with Kinyarwanda and French – is added advantage)
- 4+ years’ experience with ERP systems (Preferably SAP Business One)
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Health insurance, paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Rwanda
How to Apply
- Application link and Job description: https://
31 July 2022
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently 3valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.