The Nurse Counselor will be responsible for the provision of clinical services both at the DiCE and outreaches. Coordinate and take charge of overseeing clinical services at the outreach sites and supervise Peer Educators (PEs) and Outreach Workers (ORWs) to enhance optimum KP community mobilization for services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Focal person at the DiCE in coordinating PEs, ORWs, and PHDP champions, ensuring community mobilization is optimized towards KP Prev target achievement.
- Render ART services to Key populations as per the National guidelines for ART
- Ensure all clients initiated on ART are screened for TB and all those eligible for IPT are initiated on IPT.
- Screening and treatment of STIs as per the current algorithm.
- Offer cervical cancer screening to sex workers.
- Take the lead of clinical services at the outreach sites.
- Support the DiCE in charge of populating monthly reports on ART, TB, and other clinical services rendered.
- Ensure completeness of the clients’ folders and entry to respective registers including cohort registers and Kenya EMR.
- Any other program duty as may be assigned by the supervisor
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Education: Diploma in Nursing/clinical medicine with a valid practicing license and registered with a reputable Council in Kenya.
- Experience: 2 years of working experience in a clinical setting (experience in KP is an added advantage)
Skills & Attributes:
- Good Interpersonal / Communication skills
- Good report-writing skills
- Results orientated
- Good Leadership skills
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Motivation and Innovation
How To APPLY
Kindly send your application which includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org on or before 19 December 2023. Applicants are advised to include the title “NURSE-LOCATION” on the subject line also indicating the preferred location.