Nurse Counselor Job -Nairobi Hospital
REF: TNH/HRD/NC/07/2020(CONTRACT TERMS)
Reporting to the Charge Nurse – Psychosocial Department, the successful candidates will be responsible for the following roles amongst others: –
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Organizing and managing the functions of patient counselling in Nursing practice;
- Providing guidance and mentorship to counselling liaison nurses, ensuring that their performance meets The Nairobi Hospital and Kenya Counselling Association standards.
- Conducting daily morning ward rounds, liaising with doctors and ward staff for new clients to be counselled;
- Observing, maintaining confidentiality and ensuring that disclosure of any information passes through the right channels;
- Maintaining the expected counselling standards by delegating to each counsellor according to their level of competence;
- Exercising professionalism and be a role model to the counselling profession within The Nairobi Hospital;
- Coordinating and maintaining the hospital’s breast cancer support group activities to ensure that clients are satisfied with the care;
- Ensuring that all inpatient clients are attended to within 24 hours of the doctor’s requisition.
- Keeping records and diary for both inpatients and outpatients counselled;
- Formulating and implementing nursing standards, procedures and audits;
- Conducting psychological debriefing for nursing staff and others as required;
- Promoting good interpersonal relationship with other disciplines within the hospital;
- Compiling and analysing statistical reports on different aspects as required.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Diploma in KRN/KRCHN or Bachelor of Science in Nursing;
- Post Basic qualification in Nursing will be an added advantage;
- Minimum Diploma in Counselling Psychology Training;
- in Counselling Psychology is an added advantage;
- Minimum of 5 years post clinical nursing;
How to Applyif your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number and to reach the undersigned on: email@example.com not later than Friday, 24th July,2020. Your CV/Resume MUST include full names and contact details of 3 referees. Note
- ONLY ONLINE applications will be accepted and ONLY SHORTLISTED candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA PIN Certificate
- Current Colored Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Academic and Professional Certificates
- Certificates of Service from previous employers