The UK Government (Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office – FCDO) has a vision of a world free from Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting (FGM/C) by 2030, in line with the SDGs. A programme has been established entitled ‘Support to the Africa-led movement (ALM) to end FGM/C’ to contribute to global efforts to achieve that vision. Following a co-creation period, programme implementation began in September 2021.
This programme will support and build the capacity of the Africa Led Movement to end FGM/C at multiple levels and at scale, working in partnership with the rest of the FGM/C movement, complementing UN agencies (such as the UNFPA-UNICEF Joint Programme on FGM/C), Saleema initiative, other alliances (such as Girls not Brides etc.) and grassroots Civil Society Organisations (CSOs), women’s and girls’ movements, etc.
The programme includes two consortia working in close collaboration. Options leads a consortium including Amref Health Africa, ActionAid UK, Orchid Project, ACCAF and University of Portsmouth to implement the ‘Support to the Africa Led Movement to End FGM/C. Population Council is implementing ‘The FGM/C Data Hub: Data and Measurement Support to the Africa Led Movement to end FGM/C’.
Options Consultancy Services is seeking to fill the position of Media and Campaigns Officer for the Girl Generation’s (TGG) programme. The role will provide support to the communications department and consortium partners within the framework of the Africa-led movement to End FGM/C.
The Media and Campaigns Officer will provide support to the communications department and consortium partners and is responsible for producing multimedia content in various formats including, but not limited to infographics, online photo galleries, and E-posters. The role holder will provide support in events coverage and collecting significant change stories. This role is also tasked with maintaining both the front end and back end of the programme website and social media channels.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field
- 3 years’ experience in the communications field preferably in the development circles or journalism
- Knowledge and proficiency in design and desktop publishing software (Adobe Premier, Photoshop, InDesign etc)
- Experience in dealing with media, including developing media packs and briefing packs as guided
- Experience in content management for website and social media
- Photography, basic videography and interviewing skills
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Options is dedicated to equal opportunity for all and recognises that every individual is unique. Whilst we always seek to embrace individual differences and celebrate the diversity of our workforce, we also want to ensure that every team member is suited to their role and that they are given the best opportunity to succeed*.*
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, promote diversity and inclusion, are energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
- Applicants must have the right to work in Kenya
How to apply
- To apply, please fill in the form here.
- Closing date for applications is: 31st July 2022
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).