Laundry Porter Job, Kenyan Job Vacancies June,
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital (KUTRRH) is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Health, registered under Legal Notice Number 4 of the State Corporations Act Cap 446. The Hospital seeks to engage qualified staff on a short- term contract for the positions listed below. Applicants must demonstrate diligence, commitment and a positive attitude.
Reporting to the Laundry Supervisor, the Laundry Porter job exists to coordinate and provide Laundry porter services, in the Hospital.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect soiled linen and clothing from various hospital departments
- Sort and distribute clean laundry
- Maintain inventory of clean linen and request replenishment as needed
- Ensure proper handling and storage of contaminated or infectious materials
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications & Requirements
- A minimum of Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade D (Plain) or its equivalent
- Previous experience in laundry operations or a similar
- Knowledge of infection control and hygiene
- Basic record-keeping
- Proficiency in computer
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya
- Time management skills to ensure laundry is processed efficiently
- Attention to detail and quality in delivering clean and properly folded laundry
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with Hospital staff
How to Apply
Online Application Process
For all applications, please indicate the subject as follows: JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER].
Note that you must attach the Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae, Filled Application Form, and Practicing License ONLY when you apply online via the portal, all in PDF format.
Download: Job Application Form
If your background and competencies match the job descriptions, apply online now: https://careers.kutrrh.go.ke/
Physical Application Process
For all applications, please indicate the subject as follows: JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER]. Please note that you have to attach the Application Form, Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Practicing License ONLY when you apply to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is 7th July 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All successful candidates must fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, including.
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for university graduates only)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
- Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
- A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PERSONS LIVING WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY