Sanergy is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya. We undertake three exciting lines of work:
- We provide safe, sustainable sanitation services to residents living in urban informal settlements of Nairobi and Kisumu using end-to-end non-sewered sanitation solutions. Watch here!
- We implement a circular economy model to sustainably manage sanitation and organic waste generated in cities. Using technologies developed in-house, we upcycle the waste into insect-based protein for animal feed, organic fertilizer, and biomass fuel. We operate the largest organics recycling plant in East Africa. Watch here!
- We partner with cities to develop and deliver safe sanitation and waste management for urban residents. Using a systematic methodology, we match cities’ sanitation and waste management needs with technology and service delivery models, and then offer clear guidance on the steps that governments, funders, service providers and technology developers can take to develop and implement integrated service delivery systems.
Operational since 2011, Sanergy serves over 140,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day. Sanergy collects and treats over 12,000T of waste per year, and successfully sells its agricultural end-products to farmers in over 20 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes. At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals. For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as one of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa, and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
About the role
We are hiring an Infrastructure Manager to join the IT team. You will manage the IT Infrastructure and team, working closely with the Applications Development team to ensure 100% uptimes of our infrastructure and systems. To succeed in this role you will have a keen eye for gaps in our product offerings and the innovative mindset to ﬁll them. You are a highly skilled IT Systems Administrator with a proven ability to own and manage a high performing IT HelpDesk function.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure sustained business and quality of service by proactively implementing appropriate ICT infrastructure and providing ICT products and services that create eﬃcient service delivery and support the organisation’s performance.
- Lead overall IT Infrastructure engagements/projects/programs to successful completion, on time, on budget in line with desired outcomes.
- Contribute to the general business understanding of the business value of ICT in the organization and business leadership.
- Propose new/enhanced functionality with regard to methods, systems and work processes, which lead to enhanced scalability, higher quality or better results or reduced cost.
- Stay abreast of current developments in industry best business practices and fulﬁll the role of futurist and trusted advisor relating to general IT Infrastructure at Sanergy. A keen interest in IoT would be an added advantage.
- Lead in the development, implementation, enforcement and audit of ICT related policies and procedures in line with the overall strategy and objectives.
- Develop an overall IT security strategy and ensure that appropriate IT security systems and processes are in place to protect the privacy and integrity of the organization’s information and related intellectual property.
- Actively manage the overall response strategy for IT Infrastructure including Equipment, Data, Network, on-premise and on-cloud risk.
- Organize and manage the available human capital within the department through training, development and proper positioning to ensure optimal productivity and high value services to internal and external customers by leveraging on synergies and good communication.
- Supervise an IT Support team and work with the development team to support and prioritise feature releases and evaluate any impact or requirements on the associated IT Infrastructure.
- Support in the Quality Assurance and Testing and documentation of features as relevant to the IT Support function
- Degree in IT/Computer Science/Software Engineering/Computing/Business Related ﬁelds.
- At least 5 years solid System/Network Admin experience with at least 2 years experience managing IT Infrastructure and a support in a medium to large organisation
- Good experience in Windows/Linux Server Based OS, Database Administration,
- MCSE, CCNA, ITIL or other similar, certiﬁcation would be considered advantageous
- Previous software and web development experience and highly effective at working with cross-functional teams.
How to apply
20th August 2022
Click Here to Apply
Sanergy is an equal opportunity/aﬃrmative action employer. All qualiﬁed applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. All qualiﬁed persons are encouraged to apply.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS
SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE DO NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE DO NOT ASK FOR INFORMATION PERTAINING TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS AND ANY OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE