Internships Opportunities- ACTED Compliance
Compliance Internship, Current Internships,
Closing date: January 29, 2021
Position: Compliance Intern
Direct hierarchy: Senior Compliance Officer
Contract Duration: 3 months
Location: Nairobi Kenya.
Starting: April 2021
Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated and committed team player to fill the internship position in Nairobi- Kenya.
The main objective of the Compliance intern is to assist ACTED Nairobi Compliance department with their operational tasks. This translates to ensure a proper and clean documentation of every project conducted by ACTED.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compliance: FLAT internal procedures
- Assisting on a monthly basis on updating project folders
- Assisting on filling project checklists upon review of project expenses to identify potential risks.
- Assisting on the collection and consolidation of the necessary documentation for the FLAT folders (with the help of each departments)
- Checking the FLAT folders in the server to ensure they are complete.
- Assisting on Compilation of monthly compliance report
- Filing of all project related documents
- Assist in preparation of external audits under the supervision of the Compliance Officer
- Assist in providing timely supplementary quality control of the FLAT documentation by checking the accuracy and consistency of the information between the related documents and report discrepancies immediately to the Compliance Officer.
- Report the updates of the Compliance situation for all projects during the country compliance meetings.**Audit preparation**
- Assisting the compliance manager and officer to prepare the upcoming external audits.
- Assisting the compliance manager and officer to perform internal audit when requested
- Implement the recommendation highlighted by the compliance manager of external auditors.**Implementing Partners**
- Support in undertaking due diligence for the new and existing Implementing partners
- Undertake Financial reviews and provide quality and timely reports with actionable recommendations to the implementing partners
- Ensure proper archiving of Implementing partners documents with regular follow ups to ensure completeness of the IP files.
- Capacity building and support to Implementing Partners
- Any other duty as may be requested by your supervisor.
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field.
- Deep and clear understanding of humanitarian principles and activities.
- Sound understanding/experience in financial processing and management
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Keen to detail and accuracy required and willing to learn
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective work relations at all levels.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision, pro-active and a good team-player.
- High level of integrity and honesty.
How to ApplyQualified Nationals with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page to email@example.com and received on or before 5.00PM on 29 January 2021 with the subject line “COMPLIANCE INTERN – NAIROBI”. Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage. CVs will be shortlisted on an on-going basis.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment. ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct.
ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer