Finance Assistant Job, Current Finance Jobs In Kenya,
- The Finance Assistant will be responsible for ensuring IRC systems and procedures of internal controls are followed when committing financial transactions in the IRC Financial system. Processing Payments, Reconciliation, and providing up-to-date data.
Payment Processing, Cash, and Bank Management
- Ensure that all cash payments are fully supported and are authorized at set limits as per the IRC Kenya delineation chart before disbursement.
- Prepare the Invoice Journal and payment journal and submit to the workflow for approval and ensure the same is posted into the Integra system after approval.
- Handle Integra data entry for accounts payable and accounts receivable by ensuring the information is accurate and the correct financial dimensions are used before processing.
- Responsible for preparation of taxation schedule for per-diem paid to staff every Month and submitted to Finance Officer for review and approval.
- Monitor and track all vendor invoices submitted to Finance and ensure they meet the 3-way match before processing the invoice journal. Ensure that the vendor invoices are processed promptly.
- Responsible for the preparation of a Journal for all cash received or deposited into a bank account and submitted to the workflow for approval.
- Ensuring that vendors’ payments journals are settled promptly.
- Responsible for preparation of bank reconciliation statements every week for field bank account and any discrepancies are brought to the attention of the Finance Officer.
- Maintain an organized and well-documented Filing folder for invoice journals and payments journals in a sequential filing system for easy retrieval and ensure that Invoice / Payment Journals are well supported with relevant original documentation.
- Support in the retrieval of documentation during the auditing and verification of financial documents as requested by Donors/auditors.
- Carrying out finance officer duties in his absence.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Ensure that all statutory deduction is remitted by the due date.
- Maintain an organized and well-documented (all files must be labeled properly and visibly) and sequential filing system for all processed payments.
- Managing the accounts payable email and ensuring the invoice tracker is updated and invoices are shared with the field offices.
- Training Finance volunteers and ensuring they are equipped with necessary information.
- Support during audit by retrieving any requested document.
- Supporting the Project office assigned to you.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Knowledge of Excel and ERP systems is an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of accounting software such as Microsoft 365 a plus
- Ability to work under pressure meet deadlines and be well organized.
- Ability to carry out work with a high degree of integrity and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong communication skills.
- Be adaptable and flexible to take on board new tasks and new assignments in due course.
- Minimum CPA II qualification or University degree.
- CPA II qualification.
- At least 1 year of finance and accounting experience in a similar post.
How To Apply