About Evidence Action
Evidence Action is a global nonprofit organization with an approach distinctive in international development – we exclusively scale interventions that are backed by strong evidence and can be delivered with exceptional cost-effectiveness. Our programs have grown since our founding in 2013 to reach over 280 million people annually. We deliver high impact for every dollar spent, as recognized by GiveWell, The Life You Can Save, and Charity Navigator.
We do development differently. We take a data-driven approach to identifying, scaling, and continuously improving programs which deliver immense impact, ensuring these solutions measurably improve the lives of millions. Our Deworm the World Initiative has helped governments in Africa and Asia deliver over 1.4 billion childhood deworming treatments, improving health, education, and incomes. Dispensers for Safe Water provides sustained safe water access to over 4 million people in rural Africa, preventing childhood illness and deaths.
We drive innovation:Our Accelerator builds the next generation of exceptional programs, taking an approach most similar to a venture capital model. We are ruthless in exiting programs which do not meet our criteria; those that advance deliver outsized impact for millions of people.
We are global. Across eight countries in Africa and Asia, our 400+ people are united by a tremendous passion for our mission and impact. We are strong because of our diversity of experience, geography, and background – with over 90% of our people in the countries where our impact is focused.
We have big ambitions. Our goal is to double our impact by 2024, to fulfil our vision of a world where hundreds of millions of people in the poorest places have better opportunities and their lives are measurably improved. We believe in bold and urgent action – because poverty doesn’t wait, and neither should we.
We need great people. Our success to date is due to the collective work of our amazing staff. To achieve our ambitious goals, we are looking for people who share our passion for evidence, cost-effectiveness, and scale. We seek individuals who take an entrepreneurial approach, enjoy tackling hard problems, and have a bias toward action and results. If our vision and approach excite you as much as it does us, we invite you to join us.
The Intern, Finance, will be tasked to support performing general accounting and financial reporting duties for Evidence Action and ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and booking transactions and proper serialization and safe filing of documents. The position has access to the organization’s confidential information that needs to be protected by adhering to the organization’s values and keeping information confidential.
1. Preparing Payments schedules – Assist the accountant in ensuring all payment vouchers are complete and support payment processing.
2. Stamping all the payment vouchers processing and ensuring they are properly scanned and saved on the box.
3. File all the payment vouchers chronologically and ensure the files are easily retrieved.
4. Payment voucher retrievals for verification, more so to support sampled transactions during the audit period.
5. Assisting the accountant in ensuring that all DTW liquidated advances are labelled filed and referenced to the tracker prepared by the assigned accountant.
6. Assets Management- updating the current Evidence Action Kenya Asset register by ensuring all assets in the register are tagged, the status of the asset is updated as well as ensuring all additions and disposals are properly captured and reconciled with the Inventory online system.
- Bachelor’s degree in a finance-related field would be preferred.
- CPA Sec 2/ACCA Certification will be an added advantage
- Proficient in spoken and written English & communication skills.
- Should be available to start work immediately.
Working hours are (8:00 am-5:00 pm), Monday to Friday, in Evidence Action’s office. Off-hour work may be required as necessary for overseeing/completing planned activities
How to Apply