Information Communications & Technology for Development (ICT4D) Officer Job, Latest IT Jobs In Kenya 2023,
- As a member of the BORA team, the ICT4D Officer will report to the Program Manager – Youth and be responsible for the roll-out and rapid scaling of Fundi254 in Nairobi County. He/she will work closely with the CRS ICT4D team, Project staff, Software Developer and Safaricom Foundation to promote and explore innovative approaches as well as introduce and adapt digital technologies and technological products and services in the BORA project. The ICT4D Officer will also provide technical assistance and build partnerships and networks with ICT partners to bring efficiency in the Youth Programming and deliver greater impact for beneficiaries.
- Provide technical support to the CRS Youth Programming on innovative platforms for youth engagement, skills building, and employability.
- Monitor digital innovation trends, policies, relevant funding opportunities and contribute to business development on ICT4D solutions.
- Map out and foster partnerships with stakeholders including private sector, TVET institutions, innovation hubs, and development partners for growth of digital initiatives in the Youth programme.
- Support the creation and smooth running of the TVET Digital Communities of Practice and network of ICT4D collaborators within the country.
- Coordinate Fundi254 pilot implementation and launch in Nairobi County working in close collaboration with young people, Software Developer, and key private sector partners.
- Support the conceptualization, drafting and finalization of Fundi254 playbook, operational guidelines and standard operating procedures.
- Engage in regular check-ins with the Youth Program Manager and Senior MEAL Officer to ensure Fundi254 implementation is supported, and lessons learnt captured accordingly.
- Lead in documenting the successes, lessons learnt and iterating of the Fundi254 journey. Facilitate the sharing of knowledge and learning from project with the key stakeholders in the ICT ecosystem.
- Identify technological and innovative solutions to increase Fundi254’s reach, engagement, efficient and impact for young people as well as to overcome operational challenges.
- Collaborate with ICT team and Youth Programming team, to develop and design tools/solutions with high potential for impact and scale, in line with contextual needs and gaps.
- Ensure all necessary data safety and protection requirements are met as required by the CRS policies and practices.
- Lead in capacity building of Project staff, Caritas partners, TVET institutions and other stakeholders to support and implement agreed ICT4D interventions.
- Provide ongoing support to project staff as needed (targeted working sessions, coaching and problem-solving) on ICT4D solutions introduced.
- Lead in business development for CP Kenya Youth Innovations & ICT initiatives.
- High level of ownership and independence is an asset.
- Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners.
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Attention to details, accuracy, and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities.
- Ability to collaborate and contribute to a close knit, supportive team environment, and work with people and organizations of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and cultures.
- Efficient, high-capacity self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills. Ability to quickly establish trust and rapport with professional and community stakeholders; comfortable addressing politically sensitive and policy questions with tact and poise.
- Demonstrated commitment to respect, equity, diversity, and inclusion including gender equality.
- English, Kiswahili
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 40% within Nairobi and other project locations.
Key Working Relationships:
- Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Internal: BORA Project staff, Program Manager – Youth, Head of Programming, Senior MEAL Officer, ICT Manager, Regional Technical Advisor – Youth & Financial Inclusion and Global and Regional IT team.
- External: Software Developer, Safaricom Foundation, Caritas Kenya, TVET partners, ICT partners, Private Sector, Donor, Government Agencies, Partner INGOs, Local NGOs, Community representatives, Employers, Local Community and Beneficiaries.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required, ideally in Technology, ICT, ICT4D, Data Science or Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- At least three years of experience in software development, innovations, technology and digital economy in a start-up or NGO sector or social enterprise.
- Experience of introducing ICT solutions in the implementation development programmes at field level.
- Good relationship management skills with regard to fundraising and partnering with businesses, funders, NGOs, private sector and government.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and other valuable presentation platforms.
- Experience developing capacity/delivering training.
Agency-wide REDI Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Personal Accountability
- Acts with Integrity
- Builds and Maintains Trust
- Collaborates with Others
- Open to Learn
- Strategic Mindset
- Develops and Recognizes Others
- Leads Change
07/06/2023, 09:59 PM
How to Apply