Head of Finance Job Aga Khan Hospital
Head of Finance Job Aga Khan Hospital
Head of Finance Job, Finance Jobs in Kenya 2020,
AGA KHAN HOSPITAL, KISUMU
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network. The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa. The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services, SafeCare level 5 accreditation and is at advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation. The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa – Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet and Narok. The hospital is seeking to attract interested and qualified applicants to fill the position listed below :
HEAD OF FINANCE
Vacancy no: AKHK/FIN/001
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and Regional CFO, the Head of Finance focuses on ensuring the Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu maintains efficient and effective financial systems and processes, high service levels and accountability across its core business functions, while continuously seeking to improve resource utilization.
- Financial Management: Oversee the work of the finance function as a whole to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements; efficient and effective management of the finance function; accuracy and reliability of financial information; policies review and development; and the overall management funding and expenditure as well as working capital.
- Audit, Compliance and Internal Controls: Ensure all audits and statutory compliance are carried out on time, in line with regulations and compliance requirements. Prepare compliance reports for the Board and the CEO as required. Implement financial policy and procedure.
- Management Accounting: Provide monthly financial reports, set up and continue to improve effective management accounting systems and processes. Responsible to deliver budget and management reports of the hospital and OHCs.
- Grants Accounting: in cooperation with the Program Officers and grantees, as required, oversee preparation of budgets and financial reports for submission to granting agencies.
- Donations Management: Oversee the administration of all donations including institutional support, including keeping accurate records on donations given, donor contact information, and donations reporting.
- Provide Leadership support to the Materials Management and IT Departments.
- The candidate should be in possession of a First degree in finance, accounting, business administration or other related qualification from a recognized university. Master’s level qualification with at least 10 years of progressively evolving management and team leadership in a service oriented organization, International and / or non-profit experience preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of financial accounting, cash flow, donor, grant budgeting and investment management.
- Strong working knowledge of audit and compliance.
- An understanding of the not-for-profit sector, including donor relations and management.
- Background in strategy and business planning with the proven ability to develop and manage business plans, processes and controls to enhance efficiencies and mitigate risk.
- Strong accounting, audit, financial management and financial analysis skills.
- Highly numerate with an ability to create, manage, interpret and present financial analysis, forecasting and resource management.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong managerial and leadership skills with ability to manage and develop high-performing teams.
- Ability to prioritize workload and function effectively within and outside the office in a cross-cultural, interdisciplinary environment.
- Ability to work under pressure to complete multiple tasks, meet demands and deadlines with a positive, constructive attitude.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel; familiarity with SCALA accounting software desirable.
- Understanding of legal language in all types of business contracts and risk assessment.
- Ability to manage a heavy workload and perform effectively managing numerous significant responsibilities and challenges with competing priorities
How to Apply
- Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae with position title and vacancy number on the subject line, including names and contacts of three references, current and expected remuneration to email@example.com on or before 30th October 2020.
- The email subject line MUST include position title and Vacancy number being applied for e.g. “HEAD OF FINANCE AKHK/FIN/001”
- Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.