Regional Finance & Operations Coordinator Job, Kenyan Finance Jobs 2022,
For inspiring and creative professionals with a passion for cooperativesfocused on impact
Agriterra is the world’s leading not-for-profit agri-agency from-and-for agricultural cooperatives and farmer organisations. Our mission is to strengthen organised farmers in developing and emerging countries, given the importance of effectively organised farmers to sustainably address food security, economic development, climate adaptation and mitigation.
We were founded 25 years ago by Dutch farmer cooperatives and have over the years evolved into an organisation partnering and supporting farmer cooperatives and organisations worldwide. Agriterra assist them with advice and training through peer-topeer support in combination with locally based experts. We apply a three-track approach: we make cooperatives bankable and create real farmer-led companies, we improve extension services to farmer members and we enhance farmer-government dialogues. Our advisory practice covers the full range of services on Management & Organisation, Financial Management, Governance, Business Development and Lobby & Advocacy.
Agriterra is organised with a head office in Arnhem, the Netherlands, and has a network of 12 country offices spread over Africa and Asia; employing approximate 170 staff members. We are financed and work via donor granted projects and programmes. These long-lasting strategic partnerships with a variety of donors are key for us in our day-today work. For more information, visit our website www.agriterra.org.
We are recruiting a:
Regional Finance & Operations Coordinator (40h)
Based in the location underlined:
Nairobi – Kenya (Eastern Africa: Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania)
Agriterra seeks an analytical and innovative Finance Coordinator. As a real team player and supportive leader you will coach the regional finance and administration team to perform at their best to meet donor, and Agriterra corporate expectations.
As a Regional Finance Coordinator you are, with the support from a small regional finance and administration team, responsible for the regional consolidated financial administration of Agriterra, with a specific focus on the proper administration of all the projects which are being implemented in the region. Furthermore, you lead the annual budget cycle in the region, support the project and country level external audits, and support the development of proposal budgets for acquiring new projects.
Although the financial component is the primary, and most substantial focus within your role, the position does include the support of other functions in the operations domain.
Specifically the Reginal Finance Coordinator is responsible for:
- Financial administration & reporting: Ensure all (project) administrations are accurate, up to date, and meet donor requirements. Prepare financial reports for the internal organisation and towards donors. Plan and manage project audits. Lead, coach, and coordinate among the regional finance and administration staff.
- Budget & Financial planning: Responsible for budget control on project, country, and regional levels. Control and coordinate annual budgeting cycle and consolidate the regional finances.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance within the region with the internal standards of Agriterra, our donor’s values, policies and standards, and any local statutory requirements.
- Operations tasks: oversight and coordination in the wider administrative and support functions within the regional office. Including (but not limited to) procurement, quality assurance, M&E support, execution of HR tasks, etc.
The Regional Finance Coordinator reports directly to the Regional Manager. It concerns a line position, implying that the Regional Finance Coordinator is in charge of the regional finance and administration staff. Furthermore the Regional Finance Coordinator receives functional supervision from the Manager Finance.
- A Business related Masters degree from a reputable organization
- Must be a CPA-K or ACCA holder
- At least 7 years of relevant senior experience in project finance in a similar position;
- Leadership experience in managing operational teams in similar organisation (Agri-non-profit);
- Self-starter initiative
- Experience in handling multi-donor projects/programs in different jurisdictions
- Experience in cross-border accounting
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing) and other local language(s) where relevant;
- Required competences: Result-oriented, analytical, punctual, team coaching skills, organizational sensitive, trouble shooter and innovator.
What do we offer!
At Agriterra, the work environment is collegial and ambitious, and the focus is on achieving impact. The working conditions and additional benefits are good. The salary offered is competitive and will be based on qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
Quoting the subject head and reference code AG0622, kindly send your updated CV, academic and professional certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com by COB 2nd August 2022.