Finance Operations Associate Job, Current Finance Jobs In Kenya,
Recording of all transactions for Britam Asset Managers Company, Unit Trust Funds and Alternatives and ensure that other procedures and process are carried out within the set guidelines and targets for Kenya and Uganda as assigned.
- Preparation of the financial reports for various entities in Kenya and Uganda including the Companies, Unit Trust Funds and Alternatives.
- Preparation of the valuation reports for the investment assets for the investment funds and any other products in line with both the IFRS requirements and the various valuation models for the different funds.
- Posting all the journals into the general ledger and cash book entries for the various entities as assigned.
- Undertake bank reconciliations for all the entities as assigned.
- Ensure that there is data integrity by preparation of all reconciliations in a timely manner.
- Posting all the transactions entries, accruals and other end month adjustments/ closing entries for the various entities.
- Processing of payments including commissions and other supplier payments within the proper procedures to minimize risk to the company.
- Facilitate both internal and external audit into financials of the various entities.
- Comply with statutory and other relevant regulatory bodies both in Kenya and Uganda.
- Delegated Authority: As per the approved Delegated Authority Matrix.
Key Performance Measures:
As described in your Personal Score Card
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required:
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) or its equivalent.
- 3-4 years’ experience in a busy finance environment.
- Professional accounting certification e.g. CPA Part 2 or equivalent.
Technical/ Functional competencies:
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Financial Accounting.
- Preparation of Financial Statements.
- Analytical – highly analytical and ability to challenge status quo based on quantitative facts and impacts.
- Report writing – ability to develop reports.
Leadership category responsibility framework (Core Competencies):
Emerging Leaders in Britam need to:
- Plan, direct and apply efficiencies and resources in order to optimize output and profitability against time, cost and team targets.
- Effectively communicate strategic and operational departmental goals and objectives to peers and others in order to ensure proper implementation.
- Ensure that department priorities are adhered to and effectively communicated.
- Ensure competent and effective people resources through appropriate coaching, development and people supervision as appropriate.
- Embody a high performance, proactive culture.
- Effectively ensure the adherence to key performance areas, deadlines and goals in order to optimize operational effectiveness.
- Effectively communicate resource needs, possible opportunities and achievements to management in order to aid them in their decision-making.
- Effectively set and monitor priorities and objectives for more junior staff.
- Understand and communicate objectives in relation to the larger organizational impact.
- Effectively disseminate knowledge within the correct context, towards subordinates as well as management.
- Appropriately model the company values while setting the pace and energy for delivering.
- Effectively manage and communicate change within the department in order to increase staff and process effectiveness.
- Provide access to accurate and consistent information and services across all channels.
- Ensure a seamless experience for clients.
- Improve service delivery for clients.
- Engage in continuous brand building to become the trusted partners to clients.
How to Apply