The USAID Africa Trade and Investment (ATI) program is designed to bolster the U.S. Government’s ability to boost trade and investment to, from, and within the African continent. The continent-wide program is USAID’s flagship effort in support of the Prosper Africa initiative and will expand and accelerate two-way trade and investment between African nations and the United States. Driven by market demand, ATI embraces innovative approaches to achieve its goals. ATI is designed as a small, core set of centrally coordinated technical and institutional support activities, and a large, flexible performance-based subcontracting and grants under contract facility designed to support the needs and opportunities that USAID Missions and the private sector identify.
The Finance Intern is a short-term position which will be responsible for providing support to the ATI Finance Team. The Intern will support the Finance Team in ensuring adherence to financial policies, project policies and procedures, regulations, controls, and reporting systems. This position covers for the Finance assistant in his or her absence. This position reports directly to the Senior Accountant.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Finance Intern will work with the finance team to provide support in the following task areas:
- Filing of finance documentation according to the filing system and retrieval when need be.
- Support in the VAT exemption and reimbursement process.
- Assist in maintenance and updating of finance trackers.
- Assist the Finance Manager with conducting review and spot-checks of finance vouchers.
- Assist with ensuring statutory remittances are receipted and updated.
- Participate in regular project management meetings.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
REPORTING: The Finance Intern will report to the Senior Accountant.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or any other relevant degree.
- Have graduated not earlier than the year 2021.
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to respond effectively to time sensitive inquiries.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in Kenya.
ORGANIZATION AND VALUES:
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
How to apply
APPLICATION LINK: https://fs25.formsite.com/DupOTo/j09uuprgx3/index
Select the position in which you are interested in applying for, fill out the required information, and upload CV. Please indicate what location you are applying for. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as interviews will be conducted soon. Please note, due to the volume of applications that we receive and the urgency to fill-up positions, only shortlisted applicants will receive notification on next steps.