Assistant Accountant General / Assistant Director Job, Current Accounting Jobs In Kenya,
Duties and Responsibilities
- An Assistant Accountant General will be deployed to head a County Treasury with large allocations for development and recruitment expenditure, and substantial revenue collections or be a deputy head in an Accounting Unit or be deployed in the Accounting General’s Office.
- In Accountants General Office, the Officer will be responsible to the Senior Accountant General for the following functions in respect of the specific departments allocated to him/her;
- Monitoring implementation of Accounting standards and systems for compliance: including Integrated Financial Management Information System(IFMIS)operations;
- Follow up on audit matters including compilation of Treasury memorandum in respect of departments allocated to the Officer;
- Follow up on Public Accounts Committee recommendations for the departments allocated to the Officer;
- Preparation of Bi-annual Accounts;
- Consolidation of cash flow Projections submitted by the departments; a
- Maintaining a checklist of returns and reports received from departments to ensure compliance with the law and Treasury circulars.
In an Accounting Unit duties will entail:
- Assisting in the administration of the Accounting Unit;
- Assisting the head of the Accounting unit to provide advisory services to the Accounting Officer and other stakeholders on all financial and Accounting matters in the department;
- Preparation of management and statutory reports including final accounts;
- Assisting in the development of supplementary financial regulations and procedures to enhance internal controls established through normal Treasury regulations and procedures;
- Setting targets for the accounts staff and evaluating achievements;
- Overseeing the processing of funding arrangements to the departments and ensuring compliance with treasury regulations and procedures;
- Authorization of payment and signing of cheques subject to set limits;
- Supervision, training, development and deployment of accounts staff in the accounting units;
- Handling disciplinary matters for the head of accounting units and any other relevant assigned by the head of the accounting unit.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, the officer must have:
- Degree in any of the following: Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or their equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Master’s degree in any of the following: Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or their equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Passed part III of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or its recognized equivalent.
- Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and Registration of Accounting Board (RAB)
- Must have experience of at least three (3) years in a comparable and relevant position in the public service.
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and r
How To Apply
All applicants are requested to download an application form and a detailed document containing requirements relevant to the positions advertised from the Embu County website.embu.go.ke Candidates MUST attach photocopies of the following documents:
- National Identity Card
- Academic and professional Certificates and Testimonials
- Any other relevant supporting documents.
All applications should be sent to the undersigned on or before 22nd December 2023.
EMBU COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 2871- 60100