Please login/register to apply for this job.
16 Jul 2020
Critical Care Nurse Job -Nairobi Hospital
Reporting to the Charge Nurse – Critical Care Unit, the successful candidates will be responsible for the following roles amongst others: –
- Identifying a patient’s specific and critical needs and adopt a care plans as necessary to meet those needs.
- Performing approved therapeutic or diagnostic procedures based on the patient’s clinical status.
- Advocating for the patient’s and family’s needs and proving emotional support for both the patient and their families.
- Setting up and monitoring medical equipment and devices such as cardiac monitors, mechanical ventilators, alarms, oxygen delivery equipment etc.
- Providing special therapies i.e. dialysis, continuous renal replacement therapy, mechanical ventilation and inotropic support.
- Maintaining the Hospitals policies, standard and procedures of nursing care.
- Participating in professional organisations and continuing education to improve on technical knowledge and skills.
- Advocating for patients, treating them with dignity and according them privacy.
- Communicating effectively with patients, patients’ families and all other care givers.
- Communicating effectively with doctors and other hospital departments for cooperative and supportive relationships.
- Supporting Charge Nurse in administrative roles, monitoring staff performance and staff development.
- Maintaining and observing infection control measures for staff and patients well-being.
- Upholding statutory regulations as required by Nursing Council of Kenya and the laws of Kenya.
- Safe-guarding Hospital’s and patients’ confidential information and property.
- Reporting all complaints and incidents to the In-charge as they occur.
- Prioritizing nursing care for critically ill patients based on assessment data and identified needs.
- Providing accurate documentation and proper record keeping of patients’ treatment.
- Provide effective cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Providing mentorship to junior nurses and students
- Performing any other duties that may be assigned from time to time depending on the need and urgency.
How to ApplyIf your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number and to reach the undersigned on: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday, 24th July,2020. Your CV/Resume MUST include full names and contact details of 3 referees. Note
- ONLY ONLINE applications will be accepted and ONLY SHORTLISTED candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA PIN Certificate
- Current Colored Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Academic and Professional Certificates
- Certificates of Service from previous employers