Kakenya’s Dream seeks to empower and motivate young girls through education to become agents of change and to break the cycle of destructive cultural practices in Kenya, such as gemale genital mutilation (FGM) and early forced marriage. These future leaders will improve their community, their nation, and the world. We challenge ourselves to come up with the best educational system for young African girls and we promise to share our models with others.
The job holder will work mostly within the office which is located in Isampin, Transmara West, and will be required to travel within the Sub-County during supervision and whenever the need arises. Work may sometimes extend past working hours and into the weekend.
To ensure a successful launch of a new youth-friendly health facility and the continuous delivery of high-quality health services in a remote region without sufficient access to affordable quality healthcare.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure implementation of government and best practices standards and procedures for clinical services.
- Oversee the start-up, planning, and launch of a new clinic.
- Oversee the staff and ensure successful Implementation of Work Plans and targeted goals
- Ensure a consistent high level of quality in clinical services that results in positive health outcomes and satisfactory experience for the clients.
- Provide Clinical Services in the facility
- Implement Primary Health Care Programs
- Serve as the primary staff liaison to the community board overseeing operations.
- Higher Diploma in Clinical Medicine/ BSc Clinical Medicine
- Registration with a relevant professional body
- At least five years’ experience as a clinical officer in a busy health facility. Experience managing a clinic/youth-friendly facility will be an added advantage. In addition, preference will be given to candidates that have experience launching a new clinic and dealing with harmful traditional practices such as FGM.
Essential skills and competence
- Knowledge of clinical standards and procedures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong operational experience (the ability to run a facility)
- Ability to train, mentor and coach
- Comprehensive understanding of health challenges
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Observes confidentiality
- Meets Constitutional requirements on integrity
How to apply
If you meet the above qualifications, please email your resume and cover letter indicating your expected salary and availability to email@example.com on or before close of business on Friday 7th October, 2022
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kakenya’s Dream is a child safe organization and all employees are expected to comply.