Cath Lab Technician Job, Kenyan Medical Jobs April,
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital (KUTRRH) is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Health, registered under Legal Notice Number 4 of the State Corporations Act Cap 446. The Hospital seeks to engage qualified staff on a three (3) to five (5) year performance-based renewable contract for the positions listed below. Applicants must demonstrate diligence, commitment, and a positive attitude.
CATH LAB TECHNICIAN V/FT/17/2023 5 POSTS
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs duties in compliance with universal precaution and infection control.
- Adheres to department standards for on call coverage.
- Obtains required patient history and/or consents, reviews for accuracy, completeness and verifies patient identification and information prior to procedure.
- Verifies lab results prior to procedure to determine that the results are within the normal ranges for procedure and that the patient is a candidate for administration of contrast material according to protocol.
- Responsible for cleaning equipment, exam rooms and keeps an orderly work area for improved efficiency.
- Utilizes computer system within the hospital guidelines.
- Proficient in required computer programs, documentation and computer charting.
- Graduate of approved school eg Invasive Cardiovascular Technology, Paramedic Program or Respiratory Therapist Program
- Cardiac or special procedure experience – Preferred.
- ECG interpretation experience – Preferred
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) -(Accredited through American Heart Association or American Red Cross) – Preferred or must be acquired within three (3) months of employment.
- Assess the patient’s status on arrival and throughout the procedure by demonstrating knowledge of electrocardiographic, hemodynamic, and hematological data.
- Proficient in interpreting EKG and blood pressure tracings. (Hemodynamic monitoring)
- Knowledge of EP equipment and procedures preferred.
Minimum Academic Qualifications
- Degree/Diploma in Nursing or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Experience in Cath lab.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Knowledge of relevant legislations.
- Knowledge of professional standards.
- Registration to Society of Radiographers in Kenya (SORK).
- Current practicing license from Radiation Protection Body.
- At least one (1) year working experience as a phlebotomist/phlebotomy field
How to Apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of the posts above, please apply online via: www.kutrrh.go.ke/careers
For all applications, please indicate the subject as follows: JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER]. Note that you must attach the Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form and Practicing License ONLY when you apply online via the portal.
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is 11th April 2023.
Detailed job descriptions can be accessed on the Kenya University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital careers portal on the website www.kutrrh.go.ke
Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
YOUTH, WOMEN AND PEOPLE LIVING WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Members of the public are informed that Kenyatta University, Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital Directorate of Human Resource Development will Contact the shortlisted applicants and candidates through the Telephone number 0710642513 only.
Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching Referral and Research Hospital