Cash and Bank Accountant Job, Latest Accounting Jobs In Kenya,
- The role is responsible for maintaining proper, accurate, and complete cash and bank records.
- The role entails assisting the Treasury Accountant in overseeing the accounting and finance operations for cash/bank, other receivables, and Tax. The role requires close collaboration with supply chain, inventories, sales, and marketing, credit control, tax consultants and bank relationship management teams
Job Responsibility and Accountability
- Daily bank reconciliation for both local and foreign currencies
- Monthly reconciliation of petty cash and Bank Account.
- Posting of the LCs as they mature as per the LC schedule.
- Reconciliation and posting of cashier summaries account.
- Payment & filing of both Withholding Tax & Withholding Vat.
- Posting of staff loans and advances.
- Matching of supplier payments.
- Update of the asset master with any new assets and other asset movements.
- Processing of showroom customer refunds including those exempt from VAT.
- Tracking and reporting all due invoices
- Responding to Audit related queries concerning payments and cash/bank activities.
- Resolving operational queries with banks.
- Preparing inter-bank transfers.
- Selecting suppliers for payments and handling supplier correspondences
- Assist the Treasury Accountant to proactively partner with and advise non-finance teams on cash and bank activities, controls, and compliance matters.
- Assist the Treasury Accountant in working closely with Bank Relationship managers to apply for bank guarantees and other transactions.
- Assist the Treasury Accountant in working closely with IT and user departments on systems, ERP implementation, and optimization.
- Assist the Treasury Accountant in conducting the finance for finance teams’ training as part of an upskilling program.
- Go for structured trade visits, attend relevant commercial events, and engage key stakeholders to gain a better commercial understanding of the business.
- Assist the Treasury Accountant in conducting process reviews and walk-throughs to ensure they are efficient, effective, and adhered to.
- Process improvement – Assist the Treasury Accountant in coming up with faster, easier, and better ways of executing the cash and bank activities.
- Assist the Treasury Accountant in preparing analysis for cash and bank activities.
- Assist the Treasury Accountant in maintaining a database of cash and bank activities’ records and reports
- Assist the Treasury Accountant in preparing budgets and forecasts
- Assist the Treasury Accountant in working with all relevant stakeholders to drive cash and bank activities’ cost optimization initiatives.
- Work cross-functionally to implement and improve cash and bank activities’ data, systems and reports.
- Participate in various committees or task forces geared to business performance improvement.
- Carry out ad hoc assignments as assigned from time to time by the Treasury Accountant, Financial Accountant, CFO and / or the MD.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics or Business-related degree from an accredited University.
- At least CPA II qualification.
- Minimum 3 years’ progressive financial reporting, planning and analysis experience.
- Must have served at least 1 year in a supervisory position, preferably in the retail business.
- High attention to detail, excellent analytical and presentation skills.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships across the organization.
- A strong team player with demonstrated experience in working with teams.
- Competent in a spreadsheet application such as excel.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.