Caretaker Job, Latest Jobs In Kenya,
- Job Type: Temporary
- Job Category: Facilities Management
- Closing Date : July 7th, 2023
- Location : Nairobi
The individual will assume responsibility for the general property management of the facility by leading all services provision through contracted service providers who have been engaged to undertake specific roles such as security, cleaning, garbage, service level maintennace of equipment among other roles, to ensure minimum disruption to core activities. The individual will be expected to have good relationship management skills, is abrest with the best practices in property management field and being able to handle multiple taks including quick learning into various fields. They will also be expected to produce periodic reports on a timely basis to be communicated to the property management team.
- Conduct daily inspections of the property to ensure all assets are secure, record and report any preventive and corrective repairs and maintenance requirements to the Facilities & Property Manager for corrective action.
- Produce daily and weekly reports on a timely basis on maintenance issues to be communicated and escalated to the Facilities and Property Manager.
- Assume responsibility for the general security and safety of the property by supervising security company engaged, review security reports and daily occurrence books for accuracy and consistency and ensure all safety and security measures are maintained at a high standard and any issues are addressed as soon as they arise.
- Supervise any contractor engaged to undertake repair work on site by following the provided specification for each repair work. In cases of major repair works, liaise with the Facilities & Property Manager to ensure specifications are met.
- Remain available to fire and police departments on a 24-hour call basis in case of emergency.
- Maintain good relations and liaise with neighbors to resolve any reported issues.
- Foster good working relationships with regulators and key service providers to ensure understanding of regulation requirements and timely compliance response.
- To ensure that staff and outsourced personnel are adequately instructed in safety and welfare matters regarding their specific responsibilities.
- Ensure that all equipment on site is in good condition and report any faults or damages concerning the same.
- Monitor residents/tenants turnover and ensure all units are let out on timely basis.
- Review and approve all tenancy application files prior to move-in, will a full due diligence as per policy.
- Organize all residents’ meetings and oversee the overall implementation of estate rules and regulations.
- Any other duties that may be ascribed from time to time.
- A positive attitude and flexibility to handle diverse tasks including at odd hours.
- Demonstrate leadership capability with ability to work in a team dynamic.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and ability to take decisions to ensure no bottlenecks on the work flow.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have a certificate of good conduct.
- Minimum of C+ in KCSE, though a University Degree is not mandatory.
- Ability to create strong professional relationships with key stakeholders.
- A minimum of one-year experience in estate management
- Covid -19 vaccination certificate
How to Apply