Young Women Christian Association Kenya (YWCA) is a women and youth membership based, non-governmental development Organization. We invite applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Business Development Managerwithin our establishment.
JOB TITLE: Business Development Manager
POSITIONS: One (1)
SUPERVISOR: National General Secretary
DUTY STATION: YWCA Nairobi-HQ
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- The position is responsible for overall planning, organizing, coordinating and controlling of all Organization’s development plans.
- Responsible for driving business growth through income generating centers and investments in line with YWCA of Kenya Vision and Mission.
- Develop network, attract clients, research new market opportunities and oversee growth projects, making sales projections and forecasting revenue in line with projected income.
Field of duties and responsibilities
- Develop and implement Business Development strategy in line with the YWCA mission and vision
- Ensure optimization of the existing YWCA Investments including Hostels, Parkview Suites and Flats, Cafeteria and Parking.
- Responsible for the general performance of housekeeping, front office, security staff and the Department at large
- Ensure good property management that includes participation in negotiations, designing and financing various development initiatives, being the liaison person between YWCA and Development experts/ Agencies.
- Facilitate the YWCA National Business Development Committee
- Research and advise on possible investment and developments opportunities that are in line with YWCA Mission and Vision
- Ensure Risk Management in YWCA development engagements
- Develop appropriate business model for every income generation facility in the organization.
- Improve quality of products and services offered by the hospitality unit.
- Provide strategic direction that would ensure among others marketing of the organization’s facilities to improve on income and occupancy.
- Work with technical staff and other internal resources to meet client needs.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Submit monthly, quarterly, annual targets and reports to the General Secretary and ensure realization of the same.
- Maintain and uphold YWCA corporate culture.
- Utilize online reservation platforms for bookings and responding to inquiries e.g trip advisor, booking.com
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned from time to time
JOB SPECIFICATION AND OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO THE JOB
(a) Level of Education/Academic qualification
Degree in Business administration/Management/Marketing or Related
Master’s in Business Administration will be an added advantage.
(b) Other Competencies/abilities/skills required
- Basic accounting skills
- Proficient in IT skills – online skills and knowledge of MS office, power point and excel etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and negotiation skills.
- Advanced communication skills as well as conflict-resolution abilities.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community and work with teams.
- High level of integrity and Resource Management skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines with minimum supervision
(c) Relevant Job experience
At least 2 years of experience in same role.
Experience in management of membership/ diverse groups/ teams would be an added advantage
How to apply
Terms and expression of Interest
This position is contractual and interested candidates should send their application and updated CV to email@example.com indicating job title, salary expectations and availability by close of business on 6th July 2023. Selection of qualified candidates will be on a rolling basis.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
YWCA does NOT charge any fee whatsoever for application, processing, interviewing or securing employment.