LVCT Health is an established Kenyan NGO that is renowned for the implementation of health programs at scale in Kenya. Through its vision of Empowered Healthy Communities, LVCT Health is a leader in designing and implementing innovative HIV prevention and treatment approaches, sexual and reproductive health and gender-based violence programs reaching the most vulnerable populations. LVCT Health works with the government and other stakeholders at the national and county levels.
LVCT Health receives multi-year funding from various donors including PEPFAR CDC, USAID, Elton John AIDS Foundation, UN agencies and other foundations to carry out program and research activities in multiple sites across various counties. Funds are used by LVCT Health directly with some sub granting to partner organizations as required.
The Internal Audit and Compliance Officer will support the Audit &Compliance Manager to deliver on the compliance and internal audit functions of LVCT Health, ensuring that risks to the organization are well managed and that the organization adheres to its internal policies, systems, procedures and programs.
He/She will be directly responsible for the audit function of the office and provide required support in other audit functions
Roles & Responsibilities
· Assist with audit planning for assignments being undertaken including review of preliminary data and
· Assist in monitoring adherence to LVCT Health procedures and policies in relation to Procurement,
Finance, HR and Programs as set out in relevant manuals and guidelines.
· Prepare risk reports of key and emerging risks including the heat map and ensuring that risk registers
are updated by working with risk champions.
· Carry out assigned audits within timelines and prepare the audit reports for review.
· Conduct periodic risk assessments of the organization and where required partners within a risk-based
audit framework. The audit reports shall form part of institutional strengthening and performance
· Assist in Coordinating and supporting training and workshops to LVCT Health staff in collaboration with
Line managers on ethics, compliance and risk management, in particular LVCT Health Code of Conduct.
· Facilitate annual cross-organizational level risk assessments, prepare risk mitigation plans with focal
persons, and support close and efficient monitoring of progress in the implementation of the risk
· Hold discussions on issues with management to obtain clarifications and ensure complete issue
resolution including corrective actions.
· Attend meetings and participate in risk review meetings.
· Develop regular review of the LVCT Health risk register.
· Assist with investigative activities whenever called upon including investigations in cases of fraud, loss
· Review and Update compliance checklists on need basis when new laws or regulations come into operation.
· Prepare compliance reports on overall status of compliance.
· Perform follow up of corrective actions and update the tracker.
· Conduct spot checks on inventory, cash held and assets in all LVCT Health offices on compliance with
policies and ethical standards at least once per year.
· Prepare accurate and detailed work papers for all audit work done showing all exceptions, issues
· Coordinate risk assessments, identification and analysis(treatment).
· Following up to ensure statutory/donor and audit/review recommendations are implemented.
· Offer internal financial and systems audit support to the organization.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Minimum of Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Accounting/ Finance or a Business-related field from a
recognized university and Professional qualifications in CPA part 2. CPA (K) is an added advantage
• At least 2 years’ experience in NGO set up preferably undertaking audit, grants compliance work or
finance related work
• Good interpersonal and team building skills and knowledge of participatory approaches.
• Fluency in English. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Self-motivated, honest, high integrity, highly responsible, and punctual.
• Flexibility, adaptability, cultural sensitivity, team player.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Good knowledge and understanding of major donors’ audit and compliance requirements and reporting guidelines
• Demonstrable ability to work with minimum supervision.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications and CV along with a cover letter expressing interest and indicating Salary history and expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position applied for and reference number should be clearly indicated on the subject line and cover letter.
The closing date is June 7, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. .
LVCT Health is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit our website www.lvcthealth.org for more information about the organization.
LVCT Health DOES NOT CHARGE any fee whatsoever in any part of the recruitment process
LVCT Health is committed to preventing unwanted behaviour at work, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, stigma and discrimination of individuals of various diversity, lack of integrity and financial misconduct. LVCT Health expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Failure to adhere will result in disciplinary action