Assistant Internal Auditor Job, Latest Accounting Jobs In Kenya 2023,
Our client, a licensed Deposit Taking Sacco headquartered in Kisii Town, is seeking to recruit a qualified and highly motivated individual to fill the position of an Assistant Internal Auditor.
Reporting to the Internal Auditor, the individual will be responsible for the day-to-day Coordination of the activities in the Audit department and ensuring compliance with the laid down internal controls, all Sacco policies, and other statutory requirements.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist in developing internal audit strategies, policies, and manuals detailing the audit procedures
- Assist in developing, implementing, and reviewing the internal audit charter
- Assist in developing an internal audit work plan and budget for each financial year
- Participate in preparation of the periodic audit reports for presentation to the senior management and the Audit Committee of the Board.
- Check the accuracy and reliability of accounting records by analyzing systems and internal controls
- Verifying cash transactions carried out to ensure they are duly authorized and well documented
- Carry out surprise cash count and other treasury cash management checks.
- Continuously identify idle assets and make recommendations
- Regularly review and report on completeness and accuracy of the Sacco data
- Follow up on the implementation of previous audit recommendations
- Assist in the execution of the Sacco compliance, fraud, and risk assessments by identifying the key risks and assessing mitigating controls to determine the risk profile for the Sacco
- Assist in the development and monitoring of key risk indicators (KRIs) that are mapped to various risks to determine elevations in risk and proactively implement risk mitigation measures
- Review the SACCO’s operations to ensure they meet all regulatory requirements set under the SASRA guidelines.
- Conduct risk assessments for proposed and existing products
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- A degree in finance or a related field
- CPA III/ACCA qualification
- Three (3) years working experience in a finance function with a minimum 2 years auditing experience in a Deposit Taking Sacco
- CISA certification added advantage
- A firm understanding of internal auditing standards and application
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant Sacco policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks
- Organized; able to work both independently and in a team setting
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate audit results when required
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants are requested to click on the link below and fill out the online application form and submit it by 11th July 2023. Any applications received after the closing date shall not be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 20th July 2023, consider your application unsuccessful.