JOB TITLE: API SOFTWARE ENGINEER
REPORTING TO: ICT MANAGER
CONTRACT PERIOD: 1 YEAR
ABOUT FARSIGHT AFRICA TECHNOLOGIES:
Farsight Africa Technologies was established in 2012 as a subsidiary of Farsight Africa Group, with a mission to digitally enable and empower last frontier markets by promoting technology adoption in Africa emerging markets. The company has invested in developing solutions and platforms that will address the gaping needs for automation of government services, including financial management information systems, tax revenue collection and administration, and public utility service provision platforms.
A passion for innovation drives our team, and we strive to deliver robust software and hardware solutions that create and enhance value.
BE THE STRATEGY BEHIND THE GAME.
Farsight Africa Technologies is seeking a API SOFTWARE ENGINEER to join our Farsight Technologies Unit. They will be responsible for Development of API’s consumed by various channels and development of micro services using java, spring boot and spring boot security.
WHAT YOU’LL DO AS A API SOFTWARE ENGINEER:
- Development of API’s consumed by various channels.
- Development of micro services using java, spring boot and spring boot security.
- Use CI/CD to automate deployments.
- Deliver projects on time as agreed upon by the various stakeholders.
- Document and coordinate efforts to secure application resiliency prior to business continuity event.
- Participate in design, development, testing and implementation of new products, services and functionalities
- Making use of agile and scrum frameworks in project delivery while making use of tools like Jira, Confluence etc.
- Provide support during service deployments and when on-call.
- Participate in audit activities, review and provide data to auditors.
- Development of automated tests for functional, performance, and security testing using test-driven development methodology.
- Support capacity planning initiatives and provide application information to capacity planning teams.
- Customize alerting tools based on application specific thresholds.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Telecommunications or Electronic Engineering.
- At least 2-year work experience in software development.
- At least 1-year work experience in API management e.g., Apigee, MuleSoft etc.
- Strong understanding of both JSON, SOAP and development on swagger UI using open API’s
- Experience in securing APIs using Oauth, SAML etc.
- Strong knowledge in API modelling languages and annotations e.g., in Swagger
- Experience in java, spring boot, bash
- Experience working with relational and non-relational databases i.e., Oracle, MySQL, Mongo DB, Cassandra
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing API’s using REST and SOAP
- Experience developing solutions using agile, DevOPs, testing and CI/CD automation tools e.g., Jenkins, SonarQube, Git lab
- Strong understanding of end-to-end API and micro services architecture
- Experience in automation tools e.g., rundeck, ansible etc.
- Good presentation skills
WHO ARE WE A GOOD FIT FOR?
Our benefit comes from our client’s success; our approach is therefore client-centric. Recognizing this balance of mutual achievement, our operations teams create the framework from which we can best respond to our client’s needs. Our professional, experienced workforce connecting across Farsight departments as a unified team applies the tailored programmes for each client. Suppose that sounds like you, apply and join our team.
WE, AS FARSIGHT AFRICA TECHNOLOGIES.
Our mission is to promote Development and Prosperity through concise, consistent, innovative services and products. We strive to become the go-to advisory services company contributing to a better tomorrow for our clients and communities.
BE PART OF THE TEAM!
Farsight Africa is a diverse and dynamic organization, developing relationships through its reliability, innovation and accountability. We seek long-term partnerships, with clients returning to us as they benefit from the tailored solutions of the Farsight Africa team.
How to apply
READY TO JOIN AN EXCITING TEAM AND MAKE A CHANGE? APPLY NOW.
Kindly send your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 14th June 2023. Applications shall be reviewed on a rolling basis until the right candidate has been selected.