Head Nurse- Maternity & MCH Clinic Job, Latest Nursing Jobs In Kenya 2022,
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an Institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network. The Hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospital s and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa. The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services, SafeCare level 5 accreditation and is at advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation. The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has Outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa – Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet and Narok. The Hospital is seeking to attract interested and qualified applicants to fill the following position:
HEAD NURSE – MATERNITY AND MCH CLINIC (RE-ADVERTISEMENT)
REF. NO: AKHK/NUR/HNM/07/22
Reporting to the Director Nursing Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for promoting and maintaining high standards of professional nursing care by planning, organizing and controlling nursing care services in the Maternity & MCH department while ensuring consistent provision of efficient and ethical care to achieve quality nursing care.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate patient care delivery.
- Maintain orderly flow of admission and discharges.
- Perform regular rounds within the unit to ensure smooth operations.
- Assess patient care needs and monitor patient satisfaction.
- Address and resolve patients’ complaints in timely manner.
- Ensure adequate stocks are ordered, monitor usage, analyze variances and initiate corrective actions for variances identified.
- Collaborate in development, implementation and monitoring of uptake of packages.
- Identify staff training needs as well as organize for continuous nursing education.
- Participate in the Nursing Division Quality Improvement activities and institutional quality activities. • Organize and hold regular departmental meetings to enhance multidisciplinary collaboration and teamwork. • Supervise staff in the unit and ensure adequate safe staffing on all shifts.
- Evaluate staff performance on an ongoing basis and completes staff performance appraisals in a timely manner and ensures availability of monthly reports on unit activity.
- Participate in Hospital coverage.
- Kenya Registered Community Health Nurse or Kenya Registered Nurse /Midwife is mandatory.
- • Bachelor of Science in Nursing will be an added advantage.
- Basic Life Support /Advanced Cardiac Life Support /Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics certificate and other unit specific certification requirements.
- At least three years’ working experience in nursing practice and administration in a Maternity department.
- • Valid Kenyan nursing practice license.
- Working knowledge of a Hospital Management Information System.
- Excellent Public Relations and Communication Skills.
- Must be a member of the professional body (NNAK)
How to Apply
- Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae with position title and reference number on the subject line, including names and contacts of three references, current and expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 29th July 2022.
The email subject line MUST include position title and ref. number being applied for i.e., “HEAD NURSE- MATERNITY AND MCH CLINIC: REF. NO. AKHK/NUR/HNM/07/22”.
- Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting and medical examination).
“Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer”.